Our Pastoral Planning Office offers the following priorities for 2016:
Prayer support for all our endeavours
Please contact our Pastoral Planning Office if you have a particular pastoral need. We will add your intention to our prayer requests.
A means for parishes and schools to have their voice heard, to celebrate the good we do, and readily available resources to respond to our needs
Please offer your feedback here on what is happening in your own area. We are compiling good news stories as well as working on ways to offer help.
Richard McMahon continues to visit parishes and welcomes the opportunity to join with your community at weekend Mass, with your parish team or at a parish pastoral council meeting.
In particular, we are working on a new Resource Portal to make it easier for you to search all the great resources available through our pastoral plan and in other places. Stay tuned!
A pastoral planning reference team with members of parishes, schools and agencies to keep the plan alive and relevant, adapting to changing needs
This reference group began in late 2015 and has proved an invaluable asset for the Pastoral Planning Office. Its members are:
- Lisa Bright, pastoral council member of Greystanes and sacramental coordinator
- Daryl Castellino, parishioner at Winston Hills, and member of Evangelisation and Religious Education Team of Catholic Education, Diocese of Parramatta
- Marie Cottee, parish secretary at Cranebrook
- Carmel Fenton, Pastoral Associate at Luddenham-Warragamba Parish
- Elizabeth McFarlane, President of Parramatta Young Christian Works and member of Communications Team for the Chancery
- Fr Ron McFarlane, Chancellor and Parish Priest of Marayong
- Fr Gerard O’Dempsey, Parish Priest of Plumpton
- Eugene Miu, pastoral council and finance committee member of Seven Hills Parish
- Fr Paul Roberts, Director of Institute for Mission
- Alison Ryan, youth minister at Blacktown, and
- Richard McMahon, Director of Pastoral Planning & Implementation
Gatherings for parishes and schools at a deanery and diocesan level to work together in service of the mission we share in Jesus Christ
There are some great opportunities for gatherings this year. We will keep you posted of the details.
Ways of reaching out and connecting with our broader community, beyond those who worship in our Catholic churches
The Pastoral Planning Office is developing new resources to support your own efforts to outreach.
Many of these initiatives are already well under way, and we will enhance and support what is working, rather than setting up new structures.